Vision: “An Ireland that supports all those on the margins and upholds their rights to full inclusion in society.”
Mission: Peter McVerry Trust is committed to reducing homelessness and the harm caused by substance misuse and social disadvantage. Peter McVerry Trust provides low-threshold entry services, primarily to younger persons and vulnerable adults with complex needs and offer pathways out of homelessness based on the principles of the Housing First model.
The Communications Officer role will assist the Head of Communications in delivering all aspects of the Communications Strategy and will be part of small team working in a fast moving environment.
Overview of Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Online & Digital
· Create innovative, sector leading digital content to reflect all aspects of the organisations work
· Develop, manage and update content for websites to include PMV Trust and homelessnessinireland.ie
· Develop content for and update social media accounts to include graphic and video content
· Plan and create multi-media communications materials to promote awareness of ongoing campaigns and organisational priorities;
· Identify opportunities to strengthen and improve the effectiveness of Peter McVerry Trust’s online platforms;
· Regular monitoring of analytics including generating weekly review reports to evaluate effectiveness of campaigns;
· Identify content for and plan balanced social media output reflecting needs of all departments;
· Monitoring online chatter relevant to Peter McVerry Trust;
· Assist in the creation of content and materials for online platforms to include infographics and video materials;
· Support the development of new digital materials including working with third party providers.
Other Communication Activities
· Assist with the development of Peter McVerry Trust publications including annual reports and newsletters;
· Assist in the organization and delivery of Peter McVerry Trust annual campaigns and events, also ad hoc campaigns in response to sectoral changes
· Undertake any other duties consistent with the position as may be assigned by the Head of Communications;
· Commitment to the vision and mission of Peter McVerry Trust.
· Third level qualification in journalism, public relations or similar; or equivalent experience;
· Minimum 3 year relevant experience in digital marketing role or similar;
· Strong digital experience and website editing skills;
· Strong overall communications and interpersonal skills;
· High professional standards;
· Ability to work in collaboration with others;
· Ability to work in pressurised environments;
· Creativity and enthusiasm; flexibility and adaptability.
· Discretion and confidentiality
· Experience of working with designers and advertising agencies;
· Experience of working with Irish print and broadcast media;
· Experience of working or volunteering in the non-profit sector;
· Understanding of social issues and homelessness in Ireland.
To apply, please download Peter McVerry Trust’s job application form