The Audi Dublin International Film Festival is Ireland’s premier event and has built a formidable reputation for delivering the very best in international film and film talent to Irish and International audiences each year.
Its core elements include a select programme of the most exciting international cinema currently on offer, the best new Irish cinema, a retrospective of much loved and forgotten classics, a focus on screenwriting and unique access to a plethora of international filmmaking talent including actors, writers and directors and behind the scenes talent.
Join the ADIFF PR Team
ADIFF is currently seeking people to join our team as part of the PR department.
ADIFF PR INTERN
This is an incredible opportunity to join a team of dedicated, professional, creative and well-connected sector leaders on a campaign that will attract huge attention, in Ireland and internationally.
Working closely with the Festival’s Publicity Manager, Patrick Stewart, as well as the wider ADIFF team, the internship is an exciting opportunity to work on one of the the PR campaign for Ireland’s largest film festival.
We’re looking for a savvy and enthusiastic person to join our team as a PR Intern between mid December 2016 to early March 2017 in our Dublin office. You will be a full-time member of the team for the duration of the internship.
We’re looking for someone who has drive, ambition, creative flair and a passion for film, festivals and events.
ADIFF internships are competitively won and receive applications from people across the globe. Recognised as a valuable asset in the career path of film and event PR, the successful candidate will demonstrate a drive to succeed in one of these areas.
● Strong interest in festivals and event PR, preferably with an interest in pursuing a career in arts/film PR
● A good knowledge of Irish media
● An active interest in film
● Strong copywriting skills
● Proven experience in generating coverage
● Strong communication skills and a smart, professional manner
● Fluency in English
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Proficiency in Word /Excel /Google Sheets, Google
Drive, Google Calendars or Microsoft Office, Dropbox
● Basic knowledge of different image file type and how to resize digital
● Excellent organisational and time management skills
● Ability to work well as part of a dynamic team in an office environment
Preferred skills but not essential
● Experience in proofreading
● Experience in a similar organisation or film festival
● Experience managing databases of information
● To assist with drafting press releases and writing copy based on films/events in the Festival as directed by the Publicity Manager
● To work with the Programme Assistant to ensure co-ordination of print materials
● To ensure that press contact lists are up to date and accurate
● To deal with media, internal and partner enquiries in an efficient and professional way
● To collate press clippings, online press and ensure that all broadcast media mentions are filed in an orderly manner
● To work with the Publicity Manager to schedule and manage press events, photographers etc
● Direct pitching to smaller media outlets and local press
● To work with the Publicity Manager and Marketing team to align press messages with marketing plans.
● Creating detailed weekly reports
TERMS & CONDITIONS
● LOCATION - The position is based in our Dublin city centre office
● PERIOD - Mid December 2016 to early March 2017.
The internship is a full-time internship
● HOURS - Normal working day 10am - 6pm. During festival dates (two weeks in February), a flexible approach to working hours is required with a willingness to work evenings and weekends to support the workload.
Course Placement / Credits
We will work with you to ensure that the internship meets the conditions for course placement / credits.
ADIFF is committed to providing support for carrying out the position and a stipend will be provided to cover out of pocket expenses.
Please send your CV and a detailed cover letter to email@example.com by October 28th at 5pm with PR Internship
Application in the subject line.
We’ll be in touch soon after to arrange interviews in Dublin for successful candidates. Interviews will take place during the week commencing 7th November.