Overall Purpose of Job
Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is delighted to be recruiting an intern to join our communications/ events team in Dublin.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain experience across a variety of events and communications projects in a large national organisation and develop their skills across multiple communications platforms.
Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is Ireland’s leading representative organisation and service
providers for people with physical disabilities.
We advocate for the needs of people with physical disabilities and provide services and support to over 20,000 members in their homes and communities throughout Ireland every year.
Everything we do is driven by IWA’s vision of an Ireland where people with disabilities can enjoy equal rights, choices and opportunities and live their lives independently.
About the role
We are seeking a talented, creative and enthusiastic candidate to work closely with the head office team on a range of projects including; National Conference, Rebranding Rollout, Official Opening
of new centre. The candidate will assist in the preparation and scheduling of all communications relating to these events and any other marketing/PR activities
This internship is for 3 months.The communications/events intern is a valued member of the IWA Head Office team and will have access to mentoring and training opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Interest & awareness of issues relevant to the organisation
· Intermediate or advanced social media management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to think strategically when developing PR campaigns
· A good knowledge of MS Office
· Ability to self- motivate & work without close supervision
· Strong interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
· Experience in SEO
· Knowledge of Eventbrite/ Hootsuite / Google Analytics / Social Media Insights & Reporting
· Knowledge of using a CRM system
How to Apply:
To apply email your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability to: email@example.com